- "I was very worried, they took my situation seriously"
- …”I am happier and feel better because of the brilliant staff”
- "Helped me get back on track with my finances"
- "The staff are very kind and helpful"
Do You Have Debts Or Problems Managing Money?
We understand asking for help on debt and budgeting matters may be difficult, but asking for help is usually the hardest part.
We have specialist advisers that can give you free, confidential and non-judgemental advice.
We can help on the whole range of debt problems inducing:
- Loans, credit or store cards, catalogues, overdrafts, finance agreements, payday loans, pawnbrokers
- Gas, electricity, water
- Council tax
- Rent and mortgage
- Parking or moving traffic tickets
- Tax and national Insurance
- County Court Summons and County Court Judgements
- Overpayments and social fund
- Illegal money lending and loan sharks
- Problems managing your finances or affording essential items
- Credit reference
We will deal with emergencies, check liability for debts, advise on the most appropriate strategies to deal with debts. We can also help with proposals to deal with priority and non-priority debts.
Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to help you:
- Get debts reduced
- Get debts written –off
- Negotiate a hold on repayment or new affordable repayments
- Advise on ways to maximise your income
- Where appropriate, assist on applying for insolvency including Bankruptcy, Debt Relief Order, Administration order.
Debt advice is provided at Specialist Quality Mark Level. We have a specialist debt adviser who is an “approved debt intermediary” for Debt Relief Order applications.
Independent free financial health check
Whatever the situation with your finances, it’s good to know where you stand and that you are making the most of what you have. The health check, a online money planner from the Money Advice Service, is for everyone. The Money Advice Service is independent and it’s here to help everyone understand and manage their money better.
It takes just 10 minutes to answer some straightforward questions and the health check will give you a personalised action plan which identifies the top three things you can do to make the most of your money right now, and to plan for future goals.
Best of all - it’s free and it’s unbiased. The Money Advice Service won’t recommend a particular product or provider or try to sell you anything.